Trying to repair a Toledo Port-A-Pony 68 pipe threader

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okrobie

Reaction score
I know, it's too old. Why do you want to fix that old dog? Well, just because.

The motor is stalled. It tries to run, but the gear box is hung up. I'm trying to remove the end bell with the gears, but I can't get the gear off of the motor shaft. It has a key, but I don't see a set screw or any pin. Just the key. I got a bearing puller and tried to get it off that way, but no luck. Has anyone got experience with this issue? Thanks for any help. Jim

When I close the switch to the motor, it starts to hum and the lights dim. It is plugged into a receptacle box, and onetime the "klixon" overload tripped.

I like That! "Just because"
I sometimes take pleasure in breaking things down to see if I can fix them.

Sometimes the parts you need to fix them are no longer available or you inadvertently destroy a major component. :(

Good Luck with that.

I found a nice design for a home made bearing puller. I think I'll give it a try.

FRYRN2MFUNOXDJL.MEDIUM.jpg

Well I wen't to NAPA auto parts and got a real bearing puller and that did the job. Now trying to get the armature out. Think there might be a bad bearing on the other end. Also dealing with a bad brush holder. I'll keep you informed as more is revealed. :)

I like old tools, love to bring them back to life and use them for their intended purpose.

I have an old Nye pipe vise of my Dad's that gets used every time I have a gas pipe job to do. And it grabs pretty good.

I like old tools, love to bring them back to life and use them for their intended purpose.

I have an old Nye pipe vise of my Dad's that gets used every time I have a gas pipe job to do. And it grabs pretty good.

Hi phishfood, I like your attitude!!!

I still don't have that armature out of the motor. I didn't want to force it. I think I'll post some pix to see if anyone can come up with an idea.
BTW the other end bell dos'nt open.
motor3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back