Replacement spigot different than original

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okrobie

Reaction score
CameraZOOM-20170619211910520.jpg
I have an under sink Reverse osmosis system that has been running fine for over 5 years. The outlet spigot finally would not stop dripping so I decided to replace it. I found a brand new replacement at a yard sale, but it has 2 brass fittings coming down from the valve. I don't know if it is compatible with my old one. Picture attached. Will this work with my system? Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
Not knowing the type of R/O unit, it is hard to tell. The newer R/O units purge water into the drain while it flushes the system, and that is what one of the barbed holes are for. I am assuming the other smaller fitting is for the outgoing water, and the threaded connection is to secure under the sink?

Your best bet is to Google your exact R/O unit and take a look at the pics to see if it looks compatible. I also know the big box stores carry replacement spigots, but again, not knowing your brand, I'd sit here all night guessing.

BTW, most new R/O units will run you about $200, but they carry 4-5 new filters. Have you priced your exact replacement filters? Hell, I just spent $120 for 2 of my 4 filters. It is damn near worth it just tossing the old unit and replacing with a new system. As with typical America, it is a throw away society anymore!

FWIW: There is no brand name on the unit, but it does say "Made in China" all over it. I got it on eBay from a seller who promoted himself as a water purification expert.

Are these Chinese replacement filters readily accessible? If not, you know what my answer would be.

Apparently, the one I got at the yard sale is called an "air gap faucet". Faucet Type:

Air-Gap: This faucet conforms to US plumbing codes and is designed for dispensing water from a Reverse Osmosis system or a Water Filtration system that requires a drain connection with an Air-Gap

I found my original seller and I plan to call him today for clarification.

Please let me know if I can paste a link to his eBay site. Thanks, Jim

He said I can use this one to replace my old one. Thanks for the help!!!

P.S. he said that I should just leave the barbs unconnected.

Last edited:
Back