Plumbing Question help!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbingnewguy

Reaction score
Why is it desirable to drill holes for water supply pipe near the center of building framing members known as plates?

A. The extra structure allows for larger holes.

B. Centered holes can be drilled more quickly.

C. This prevents drywall screws from penetrating into the pipe.

D. It's easier to drill center holes.

Last edited:
Why is it desirable to drill holes for water supply pipe near the center of building framing members known as plates?

A. The extra structure allows for larger holes.

B. Centered holes can be drilled more quickly.

C. This prevents drywall screws from penetrating into the pipe.

D. It's easier to drill center holes.

A. Is not relevant to the question. First of all, what extra structure are they referring to? Size of hole was not a factor in the question.These question often refer to reading material that was assigned to you.
This could be the answer they are looking for but it is irrelevant to the question.

Kind of like saying "What color is the horse in the picture? "

B. How fast you can drill a hole is rarely a factor in the structural integrity of hole placement and or the over all outcome of the pipe installation.

C. The most likely answer. However nail plates should be placed where the pipe penetrates the plate to protect them from screws.

D. Easier? What makes it easier? Stupid answer.

Last edited:
Please i'm asking someone can help me with these question how do i calculate to find out the measurements ??????

question number 8.JPG

question number 11.JPG

question number 3 test.jpg

question number 4 test.jpg

I can't find ant documents or info on actual depth of sockets on DWV fittings.
Not all manufactures are exactly the same. I would guess maybe the socket o0n 2" DWV is 1/2" or 5/8" so I would say add 1" or 1 1/4" to the 10-1/8.

Here's a link to Nibco Catalog copper fittings

Dimension s of DWV are on page #32

But it does not show socket depth. But it does show center of pipe to end of socket.
But then you would have know all the fittings dimension up to the upper vent santee then some serious math to work your way Back.

First ?? I would say( A)11-1/8

anyone have a 2" DWV cooper fitting .
how deep is the socket?

Maybe it's 3/4" Hell or a thumb and a half.

Don't think they had that in mind when they wrote the question.

Last edited:
What test are you taking? There is always some explanation some where in that course section that this question would be based off of.

Back