braided vs corrugated flex hose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giwatcher

Reaction score
Both types of hose are available for water line in various sizes. The inside of the braided hose appears black, but the inside of the corrugated hose is a light color. They must both have a liner or they would leak. What is the different product use for braided vs corrugated? They wouldn't make both for the same application if they are equal, I wouldn't think. I have seen reports of the black liner in the braided hose disintegrating and showering downstream. Is this a known problem or a defective item.

What 2 products are you referring to? There are so many different products made by many different manufactures for different applications.

Corrugated with a liner. Don't think I have ever seen that, But I might have. There is a lined corrugated tube used for radiant heat that is laid in concrete.

There is a 3/4"SB flex hose braided 18" and a SB 3/4 corrugated 24", both available at HD in the same area and seem to be for water heater application. I can see the black liner in the braided hose, but can't see a liner in the corrugated hose. There must be some kind of liner or the corrugated sleave would certainly leak, or am I missing something? Maybe the corrugated hose isn't really for water supply?

Latest posts

Back