Help with standing water under foundation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpookyDan

Reaction score
I need some plumbing help. If someone knows or could share this with someone that might it would be much appreciated. It started when i busted up the foundation to move a drain for a tub install. There is standing water under there preventing me from working on the drain. Next to the shower drain there is a perforated black pipe that is full of water so I'm assuming that isn't draining properly. Also in the basement was an access hole i dug up to inspect and judging by the text on the cover it's a backwater valve but i may be wrong. This also is very wet around it but with shower and sinks ruining i don't see anything running out or movement around it. Might be related might not. I'm clueless. Help!

Additional notes after speaking with others.
-I have no sump pump.
-The basement is on grade in back and a few feet below in front. The back yard is always pretty squishy and wet.
-I can't find anywhere on the exterior of the home where a black pipe would or could drain.

plumb01.jpg

plumb02.jpg

plumb03.jpg

The drain pipe should be piped to a ditch, or a place where it just dissipates into the ground. That is a lot of ground water though. It would be wise for you to invest in a sump pump installation. You don't want all that water in and around your foundation

corrugated pipe with gravel is a good bet the water was always a problem.
Drain has to somewhere. Like matt said , maybe you need to install a sump w/ a pump.

That cover has 4 bolts. pull the cover and see what you have.

That cover is supposed to be accessible.

Latest posts

Back