Help! Best approach to shower update.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browneyedsusan

Reaction score
I need help with how to replace our old chrome shower components with new ones in a brushed nickel. Can you ID the pieces and give me advice on what will work with the existing plumbing? I'd like to just change the trims but have not seen any Delta Monitor trims with a nickel finish.

This is a 20 year old system. Our showers are working fine but can they be expected to last? Would it make more sense to invest in new Kohler products that come with a lifetime guarantee?

1. The shower handles are Delta Monitor but I need to know which series and what replacements to look for.
2. The shower heads are Speakman. Are they attached to a standard size stem/pipe?
3. The grab handle has a Grohe logo on it and I don't know what brand the hand-held shower head is.

I would appreciate any guidance that you can give me. Thank you!

P1010003.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010004.jpg

You would probably have to remove the existing faucet to see what the valve looks like behind the trim. Seeing the valve itself would be more helpful in determining what will work for a replacement.

It would also help to know how the existing system works. It looks like there is a knob and a lever. Does one rotate for temperature and the other for pressure?

It looks like there are words on your showerhead but I can't quite make them out. Looks kind of like Speakman?

You might want to see if there is anything similar to your setup from Kohler. It's a good brand and is more likely to have nickel-- although they are more expensive in nickel.

I found this in Delta but it doesn't look like the same type of lever. https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/144984-bn

Also found this in Delta Monitor in polished nickel. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Ca...097-PN/203560857?keyword=Delta+monitor+nickel

Last edited:
browneyedsusan, did you ever find an answer to this? We have exactly the same old Delta Monitor faucet and I'm looking to either replace it or repair it with a new cartridge. Parts are hard to find.

Back