venting problem??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDHAND

Reaction score
Bought this house a year ago, plumber call twice. Home warranty a no go....home inspection blah blah......

So this wasn't a problem when we bought the house. Things seemed a little off with this bathroom, but now the bathroom is not working. Toilet out of commission completely. I have fought this for a while now.

picture attached.

toilet won't flush worth a "crap" and the tub sucks out the p-traps and toilet gurgles. What should I do with what I have?

PLUMBING-page-001.jpg

Man that is hard to see. It looks like it was an issue before with the in line clean out and new pvc

what the hell is that hooked up to the pvc pipe?

It's a rubber reducer that connects the new pvc to the underground pipe. Yeah I bought this house and the inspector totally missed the fact that this bathroom is a plumbing nightmare. I am trying to get home warranty to honor and repair this, but they are dodging me. I'm thinking of giving the inspector a call. With all the inspections and warranties I have had on this new place I would think this would be the kind of thing that would be covered. I just don't have the time or money to fix this R&R.

Crapola

those types of connectors are against code because
the pipe inside the fernco is not lined up. thereby causing a place to catch paper, hair and other stuff
it causes the sewer to clog up t that spot

you need a View attachment 14765

3'' is 33

Yes that should be common sense, just looking at it. I had that exact thought when I was inspecting it under the house about clogging. The boot is an reducer too, so a straight boot would not work. The plumbing is just so unprofessional, it's sophomoric.

Yeah that really sucks when you hire and inspector so you know what your buying before you buy and they miss stuff like that.

Can you post more pictures of what's going on before the rubber connection to the PVC. Maybe able to give you some more ammo to go after the Inspector.
He probably has a NO LIABILITY clause in his contract.:(

Yeah that really sucks when you hire and inspector so you know what your buying before you buy and they miss stuff like that.

Can you post more pictures of what's going on before the rubber connection to the PVC. Maybe able to give you some more ammo to go after the Inspector.

I was thinking about running a vent off the capped stubb at as high an elevation as can be achieved and then branching pipes down to the tub, sink and toilet as close to the entry drains of each as possible.

I was also thinking about finding some kind of contraption, where a hole is drilled in the pipe, and a wrap around compression type fitting is placed over the hole with a pipe going out to vent for each.

Mr David asked you to post pictures
I am awaiting the same thing

Latest posts

Back