Pot filler above stove has IPS thread. Need help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincennes26

Reaction score
I bought a pot filler faucet to go above my stove for our kitchen reno. I had pre-installed a PEX pipe water supply connected to a SharkBite 1/2" female NPT drop ear elbow (the pot filler comes with a male threaded end).

However it appears my pot filler is threaded IPS, not NPT and I can only screw the two together a couple of turns.

I need some help here. Do they make PEX drop ear elbows for 1/2" female IPS, or is there a female NPT to male IPS adaptor?

Thanks

Just to make it clear National Pipe Tapered Thread (NPT) is a US standard for tapered threads used on threaded pipes and fittings. NPT compatibility examples are Male NPT also known as Male Pipe Thread (MPT) and Female NPT also known as Female Pipe Thread (FPT). And an IPS is an abbreviation of Iron Pipe Straight Thread which is the Generic Name for Straight Pipe Thread (NPSH). NPT and NPS/IPS are the pipe thread standards.

what brand/model is your pot filler ?

My thought is pot filler is a foreign import with metric threads. What brand is the pot filler?

I tried to install one on my own house a year ago when doing a complete Reno.the Inspecter made me take it out during rough inspection because there was no floor drain in the kitchen

I installed a pot filler after picking it up through Home Depot. it was a Glacier Bay, so I knew it was cheap, but installed with no problems.

My thought is pot filler is a foreign import with metric threads. What brand is the pot filler?

This is the brand: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01A2Z53KE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'm able to connect it with teflon tape and if I screw it tight to the Female NPT drop ear elbow fitting in the wall, it doesn't leak. It's only about half threaded in but I bought some male NPT stub outs as an experiment and I can't screw them in any further actually.

If I'm able to get a tight seal with no leaks, would this be adequate enough to last for years or will it fail eventually?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back