Sink braided line leak help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanHams

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm pretty unfamiliar with plumbing so I need a little help on how to tackle this small leak. Here is a picture of where the leak is, and I was just curious if I can just remove the single line or do I need to replace the whole thing including the plastics?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 10.36.28 AM.png

Your best bet is to write the faucet manufacturer and tell them their tubing has failed. Hopefully, they will honor their product and send you a replacement. Other than that, a new faucet may be in your future.

Reactions: SHR
Looks like a price Pfister faucet they will most likely send you that hose out under warranty

Thanks for the response guys! Right now I am just curious if I can just replace that one single hose? Any input? I've just never removed a hose with that metal clamp at the end of it...

No, that set up has both the hot and cold hoses as one piece. Do not try to separate the left from the right.

Thanks for the response guys! Right now I am just curious if I can just replace that one single hose? Any input? I've just never removed a hose with that metal clamp at the end of it...

If you do this, it will open a whole new can of worms. Just call the manufacturer. You will thank yourself in the long run.

Are you sure that is where the leak is coming from? Check above where the tee screws onto the spout. It may be just loose or the gasket failed.

Yup, leak is coming from that metal clamp. The picture is different from the actual sink I'm looking at, but the metal clamp is corroding and discolored.

Latest posts

Back