Rear Discharge Toilet Plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfun83

Reaction score
My house is constructed on pilings and is about 10 feet above ground level. Underneath the home is all concrete with no provisions made for a standard toilet. The sanitary drain runs along the side of the home about 3 feet off the bottom slab. There is an existing wall on the side of the slab where the sanitary is located.

With that being said, I would like to install a rear discharge toilet and a sink but I have no idea how to plumb a rear discharge toilet or how to tie in the sink drain. Also wondering if I need a vent line. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached my crude drawings to help.

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Are you using a pump system like a sani-system?

Are you using a pump system like a sani-system?

I have no idea what a sani-system is. My sanitary line that I will be connecting to goes to the public sanitary system. My intent is to connect the rear discharge toilet, along with the sink, directly to the sanitary line.

Need some help please. I was not planning to use a pump system with the toilet. The sanitary drain is right outside the wall so I would like to have the discharge drain straight to the sanitary. Maybe this is not possible?

find the center of the toilet drain write it down
measure from edge of tub over to the toilet make a mark at 18'' measure from floor up
make a mark, that is center of drain for toilet

measure from your 18''' mark over 18'' make a mark

what you have left is where your sink sits
550-paracord-grey-100-ft.jpg

when you figure out where the toilet will sit, make a hole in the wall center of the drain for a 3'' pipe

move over to the lav, find the center where you want the sink

make a hole to the outside at 19'' from floor to center of pipe
go outside

outside.jpg

Back