Kraus faucet leaking and hose coming off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rufusmcd

Reaction score
Hi, Unfortunately I bought a Kraus faucet from Home Depot and the end of the hose that connects to the faucet keeps sliding of eventually . I noticed this morning that before it comes off it will leak. It just slides on to the connection. Any suggestions on how to remedy thew problem ? I have thought about using loctite or plumbers tape or putty but I'm unsure. Especially loctite because the connection swivels. Right now I have the spring that the hose runs through and that keeps the hose up off so I can keep an eye on the connection. I would jut go but a different faucet but I pad 300 bucks for this one and have seen very little mileage out of it. I went on Home depots website and it is showing no record of the purchase. I have no idea exactly when I bought it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Which faucet? Post a link. They have several.
Is it the hose connection to the hand unit that is coming apart?

Warranty

aaa.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/KRAUS-Co...rayer-in-Stainless-Steel-KPF-1602SS/205331103

No its the connection to the faucet. If you look at the picture in the link the connection is hidden by the spring that holds the sprayer. I think its a defective hose. Ive emailed Kraus so I'm waiting to hear back from them. However at the same link there is a review whee someone has the same problem and Kraus's advice wqas to slide the connection back on. Which I have done about 3 or 4 times now. It takes a month or two for the connection to come off. I think the crimp on the hose is bad. Thats why I was wondering if teflon tape or loctite would help.

20170225_084251.jpg

20170225_084318.jpg

Latest posts

Back