7/8" backcock 90 degree adapter needed?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman2017

Reaction score
Sooo.. I'm trying to install a bidet, and I've run into a 'slight' problem. Wondering if anyone can help me find something that would solve this issue.. Or can tell me if something like this even exists? Thanks in advance :) I think I need to install a 90 degree adapter of some sorts on the toilet inlet pipe, which should be a 3-5$ part. The only solutions I've found are ballcock extensions, which are $40, which is ridiculous in my opinion. I appreciate the DIY help guys.

4D24FDAC-D219-430D-91FC-946B7D94032A.jpg

4ECFDD2C-6A3B-4FDF-8D86-DB289A764C78.jpg

Hmm? I don't know what you're talking about? European fittings? It just screws into the bottom of the tank and the water line screws onto it... but.. The toilet bottom is too low, or the pipe was installed too high.

Not sure what type of fitting that stop valve it connected to the wall outlet but might be easier to add a 90 to the stop valve to get it out of the way

I apologize. We've seen a few here that are a different thread to the base of the toilet tank. Since this is not your problem, seems like you will need to reposition your stop valve, replace the toilet, or scrap this addition.

Not sure what type of fitting that stop valve it connected to the wall outlet but might be easier to add a 90 to the stop valve to get it out of the way

It looks like there is a shark logo on it.

Oh lol, yeah it's a sharkbite valve, I have tried doing compression fittings and something always seems to go wrong. It seems that either I have to put on a 90 degree fitting and move the valve, or... replace the toilet. Since I hate this toilet anyways I think I'm going to replace the toilet. I appreciate the help guys!

It will be replacing the K-3386 Kohler, the rough-in for both is 12" can't get the exact hights from the ground to the toilet inlet for either as far as I can tell, but the schematics shows that it is a few inches taller. So it should be good. Thanks for your help everyone!

Last question, what do you guys think about these toilets? Are they really better at flushing? Mine currently seems to have no pressure behind it at all. A few pieces of TP and it's clogged. http://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-Champion-4-Max-Right-Height-2-piece-High-Efficiency-1-28-GPF-Single-Flush-Elongated-Toilet-in-White-2586-128ST-020/203182005

We don't see many professionals who like any American Standard toilet. I personally think they are junk. Koehler and Toto seems to make the best toilets IMHO.

I agree with havasu. Don't care for AS toilets. Kohler, HMmmmm. used to be But those class V barrels. ????

Gerbers are okay and they still have a flapper. Toto as well

Last edited:
Oh, the reason why I was looking at that one was because of the flushing golf ball ****.. My kohler couldn't flush a single golf ball, much less 20. I just want something from home depot ~200 or less that has a REALLY strong flush with a 12" rough in.

Latest posts

Back