Looking for certain type drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronaldo

Reaction score
Hello all,
My search for a flush fit tub drain got so frustrating that I joined a plumbing forum to ask questions.
So here goes, I replaced a 30 year old tub drain with a kit that I bought at Home Depot. The problem with it is that it has a slight domed strainer cover that doesn't allow all the water to drain like the one I replaced which was flush slightly recessed into a 3" round depression in my tub.
The Home Depot one fits properly I just don't like the style
I have searched high and low for a chrome 3" diameter drain/strainer that sits flush or recessed.
Anybody seen one or know who sells them.
I did locate a Kohler unit that was flush fitting but has a 4"mouth and cover.
Again, the formed recess in my tub measures 3".
Thanks

Do you have a photo of what you're talking about?

Do you need the plug for the drain or the drain strainer/basket part?

Do you have a photo of what you're talking about?

Do you need the plug for the drain or the drain strainer/basket part?

Not a plug what I want is the drain strainer that screws in.

Mine looks like this.

image_1.jpeg

What I want looks more like this but without the brass rings below.
image_2.jpeg

The Kohler piece shown above has a diameter of about 4" while the depression in my tub is three inches.
Any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks for your help.

I saw someone asking a similar question on another forum. The answer they got was that they would likely have to find out who manufactured the tub and find out if they had the drain for sale.

I tried to no avail to find a 3" tub drain cover. I tried different search parameters. Couldn't even find one for a shower drain either.

Do you have any idea what brand the tub is?

Latest posts

Back