best service call job a plumber wants to do

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awalker123

Reaction score
Hi. About to go to school for plumbing. Wanted to know more about the industry.

What's the number 1 service call a plumber wants to receive that will take the least amount of time, and turn out the highest profit? (hot water cylinder repair? water softener install? etc?) Really interested to know which specific one turns out the big bucks.

Thanks for the help!

-A

The best call is the one that only you can do, no one else has the time, knowledge, or equipment to dot he job. Every plumber can install a sink, every plumber can change out a water heater. That's my theory any way, but Johns right learn the trade first. Know that there is no free lunch and you will have to work for your dollar.

I just converted a golf course that was on five wells over to running on reclaimed water with the option to use the wells when times are good all using the same piping with no cross connections all sections metered and auto float valves to fill the lake. I bet most guys can't do that and it pays to have a specialty.

Other than that I know that if you start a company with rooter in the name and hire some good con men you can probably turn a simple faucet install into a 24k repipe.

I just converted a golf course that was on five wells over to running on reclaimed water with the option to use the wells when times are good all using the same piping with no cross connections all sections metered and auto float valves to fill the lake. I bet most guys can't do that and it pays to have a specialty.

Other than that I know that if you start a company with rooter in the name and hire some good con men you can probably turn a simple faucet install into a 24k repipe.

Mind blown!

Hi. About to go to school for plumbing. Wanted to know more about the industry.

What's the number 1 service call a plumber wants to receive that will take the least amount of time, and turn out the highest profit? (hot water cylinder repair? water softener install? etc?) Really interested to know which specific one turns out the big bucks

A nearby big job from a good customer is the most desirable. By "good customer" I mean someone who is agreeable, has common sense, and is adequately funded.
Some customers will develop into lifelong friends. You can't put a value on that.

Latest posts

Back