Air in one faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trentskis

Reaction score
I have recently moved into an older home. My upstairs kitchen faucet (single handed) has a leak from the orings. My problem is that faucet and that faucet only will have slight small air spurts when it's running on either cold or hot setting. I don't find the sprayer to have any issues and I don't have this problem with any other faucet in the house. Could this be something caused by the oring leak?

I have recently moved into an older home. My upstairs kitchen faucet (single handed) has a leak from the orings. My problem is that faucet and that faucet only will have slight small air spurts when it's running on either cold or hot setting. I don't find the sprayer to have any issues and I don't have this problem with any other faucet in the house. Could this be something caused by the oring leak?

take the aerator off, see if it stops.

then get back,,

Thanks for the reply!

I took the aerator off (haha didn't except it to come out with so much pressure!) and it didn't seem to have any air spurts like before! So I should be fine then right? Or would cleaning the aerator make it come out a bit smoother?

Also another small side note. (sorry if I should make a separate thread for this!) But if I shut off my bathroom tap hard (like close it fast) it has an air hammer effect although this does not happen when closing the tap smoothly is that something that should be looked into or just remember to close it smoothly in the future?

Thanks again for your reply I really appreciate the help!

Last edited:
clean the areator....look inside of it....see a disc, with a hole in it...that is your water saver,,,mine always seem to fall out
for some reason,,,,just say'n

sounds like you have a loose pipe in the wall, those are hard to find....just track it down the best you can.

cut the wall open ans strap it.....sorry, but thats all i can say

Ok will do! Thanks a lot!

For the loose pipe it's probably best to just avoid making it hammer like that until I can track it down and strap it right? So I avoid any damage until the problem is fixed?

And all good that's actually very solid advice!

yes,,,,altho it is ''just water hammmer' you never know if the pipe that is hitting the wall, has a fitting that is not connected proper

in which case,,,it could blow loose...or it may never, you do not know in a case like this.

a good bit of the time, i find on 2 story houes, where the water pipe comes thru the floor, the pipe was nevrr pegged.

i drive a wood wedge in the hole to stop it from moving. simple fix. but patching the wall is a medium job

then you have to paint the whole wall,, not just a spot...

When i read of these situations, i often wonder whether using a can of expanding foam would help or not? It seems only a small hole would be needed to enter the wall cavity. Any ideas whether this would work or not?

When i read of these situations, i often wonder whether using a can of expanding foam would help or not? It seems only a small hole would be needed to enter the wall cavity. Any ideas whether this would work or not?

I have done that, but i knew where the bang was.

good point,

Last edited:
Ok sounds good I will definitely have to look into that cause the last thing I would want is catastrophic failure much more expensive then what you describe.

I appreciate both of your replys and advice I for sure have enough info to take it from here. Thanks again cheers to the boh of you!

Latest posts

Back