Bidet-Can It Be Installed?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljk

Reaction score
The nursing facility for my Mother initially said they would be fine with having a Bidet Seat installed. Then the facilities manager changed his mind and said they couldn't because most Bidet seats are made to be installed with tank toilets as in most residential homes. I don't see how a tank has anything to do with it since just need a water source and electrical. How big a plumbing job would it be to make this work with an institutional system. As I'm trying to reduce infection problems for my Mother, your help is much appreciated. I tried to attach photos but both methods using the URL and through my computer didn't work for this site.

Photos of the plumbing for the toilet attached and for the water and electric entry to the Bidet seat. Figured out how to get the photos originally on my phone onto this site.
Thanks

Current H Plumbing.jpg

Bidet H20 & ELECTRIC.jpg

It looks like it will interfere with the pan washer. That is wyt they would not want to install it. That pan washer is necessary.

Thanks for the reply and pardon my plumbing ignorance. I tried to google pan washer and couldn't find it. What part is the pan washer and what's its purpose? Thanks much

The arm that swings down is for washing bed pans out over the toilet. You wouldn't want to wash a bed pan in the sink. The arm is the bar with the brass circle on the top that is center behind the toilet seat.

Thank You! I'll share this information with the facilities manager this week and hopefully this can be a solution. Much appreciated.

Just wanted to post and say Thanks again after the advice I received on this site enabled the bidet seat to be installed at the nursing facility. :)

Latest posts

Back