Ariel Shower DA333F8

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clock245

Reaction score
Hi, i've been reading the forum and here's what i think i understand, but please correct me if i'm wrong as i'm a total novice!

-I have a single floor house on slab. The ariel today is connected with the flexible tubing that came with it. I've noticed a strong odor coming from the shower and a plumber recommended replacing the line with a standard pipe. After cutting drywall/replacing pipe/creating access panel/etc. he is charging me $500.
--Is this the right thing to do?

-My wife poured some drano down the drain to see if it would alleviate the smell a couple of weeks ago. It sort of helped, but i didn't think that was a good idea. Yesterday, we noticed that there appears to be some kind of tarnish or brownish gunk on the drain and also on the metal pieces of the ceiling of the shower. Not sure if it's related to the drano, but thought i'd see if anyone might know what it was. It almost looks tarnished and the brownish gunk is rough to the touch.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!

Do you have any pictures of it?

Do a search on this forum for draino.

I don't think you will find one professional here saying anything positive about that or any liquid drain cleaner.

Latest posts

Back