Old Elkay faucet dripping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewhitaker0020

Reaction score
I've got an old Elkay faucet that has been dripping for quite a while now. Sometimes it'll drip about 1/2 - 1 gallon a night. Sometimes it won't drop at all, though that's rare. I'll submit a picture of the faucet. Does anybody know what parts I would need before I take it apart? I have a feeling if I don't get the right parts to begin with I won't be able to put the old parts back in until I source the correct ones. This faucet is in the pharmacy I work in and we use it pretty often, that's why I would like to fix it all in one go. From what the owner said it's been there at least since the 70's.

IMG_5686.jpg

Check your washers. If it is intermitten though, you could be having a surge in pressure. Are you on municipal water?

We're on city water here. It's practically constant. Just sometimes it'll stop when we turn the water off. But 90% of the time it always drips. Does this type of faucet use washers instead of gaskets to do the sealing?

We're on city water here. It's practically constant. Just sometimes it'll stop when we turn the water off. But 90% of the time it always drips. Does this type of faucet use washers instead of gaskets to do the sealing?
Turn the valves off to it and take apart the handles, go to your hardware store. If it continues, check your pressure reducing valve.

Latest posts

Back