Help Please!! I can't use my kitchen sink!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amommy36

Reaction score
My sprayer hose sprung a leak and I thought it would be a simple process to replace it. The pipe that you connect it to is a quick connect. I broke the connector trying to remove the sprayer. Bought a universal sprayer with quick connect kit, but apparently they're not universal to all sinks...I'm pretty sure it's a price pfister, but because I'm not the original purchaser, they said they can't send me a replacement sprayer under the warranty and it is discontinued. I had to shut off the valves and cannot use my sink. How can I resolve this issue as quick as possible?? Is there any way to cap it off or plug it so that I can at least have the use of the faucet? I'm dying here as I do not have a dishwasher:(

20161212_190917-1.jpg

Not sure if this will work in your situation, but let me make some assumptions:
Your copper pipe from the sink is 1/2"
You have a hacksaw

At your local big-box hardware store, get a Push-Fit quarter-turn ball valve that takes the supply pipe at one end and has a standard 3/8" compression fitting at the other end.(I think mine cost $9). On my sink, this was a 1/2-inch copper pipe. Use a hacksaw to squarely cut off the end of the pipe, but make sure you have at least 1 inch of pipe to work with! use a file or wire brush (About $2 at the store) to smooth the outer edges of the pipe so there are no jagged edges or burrs- it is very important that this is smooth so it will slide into your new fitting. The push-fit valve will require no tools- remove the clip, push it on to the supply pipe, then put the clip back on. Make sure the valve is off, and you can turn your sink back on. This way you can use your sink and figure out later how to deal with the broken sprayer pipe. I used this to install a dishwasher, but it would have been identical on my sink for the sprayer as well. Good luck!

Is there something you can do by plugging the sprayer hose with epoxy until you buy a new faucet set? They're pricy but if you can't replace the part I don't think you have much choice. Sorry for not having a genius solution.

Is there something you can do by plugging the sprayer hose with epoxy until you buy a new faucet set? They're pricy but if you can't replace the part I don't think you have much choice. Sorry for not having a genius solution.

NO. And these types of hoses are brand specific. If it is a moen call them and they will send a replacement at no charge. I am not sure about Price Pfister. Also these guys have changed over the years as to how the connect the sprayer hose. I am not sure how the above description that the gentleman posted about your valves helps you with your sprayer.

Latest posts

Back