Help with Shallow Well Water Pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikevalentino

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to this forum and new to plumbing in general so I was hoping to get some advice on what to do about the issue that is occurring. This shallow well is in a home in Vermont that is only used sometimes. We turn the water off every time we leave. When we return, we simply turn the switch on and the water starts. Sometimes, we have to use the electric jump starter (i think that's what it's called I can get more info if needed). When we recently went, we turned the water on and everything worked fine. However, the second we turned the DRYER on (which confuses me because it uses no water), it shuts down the water and we are unable to restart it. In the past when it would abruptly shut off, we would use the jump starter, and even if it took a while (we would have to hold the connection together), it would eventually go back to fully functional. Any advice on what could be wrong and how to go about fixing it?

The only thing the Dryer and well pump have in common is that they are both on a 240 volt breaker.

I assume the "jump starter" is the little lever on the side of the pressure switch? If so then you probably need a new foot valve to keep the pump from losing prime.

Back