Hot Water Pipe Noise

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rffanat1c

Reaction score
So recently I've had a noise develop only when my hot water is turned on from any source in my house. It is a raised ranch and all the pipes run through the joists. The noise sounds like a whistle/hum. It seems to travel between about 10' of pipe. I've had no plumbing work done in the 11 years I've been here and can't figure it out through Google. I've attached a link to a video of it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

http://s174.photobucket.com/user/rf_fanat1c/media/A46CA7BD-17CC-4292-ACF2-432E480BDC36.mp4.html

What kind of shower valves do you have? Could be a balancing spool going bad. It could be vibrating through the pipes.

I'm not sure? It's a single knob that pulls out and turns left and right for hot and cold. It has a cartridge inside I replaced a couple of years ago.

I do not know what kind of shower valves I have. Where would I find this? I have a single control for hot and cold and I replaced a cartridge in it last year.

Ok so single handle valve. Have you had the water of recently?

Latest posts

Back