Bell & Gossett series 100 pump gaskets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjz

Reaction score
I received two gaskets part numbers:

P04080 and P80815 for the front bearing side and body.

Can anyone tell me which part number goes with the thicker gasket? I received both of these today with no part number marked on the bag. I have no idea which one is which. All I can tell is one gasket is thicker than the other. Is the thicker gasket for the front bearing or the body?

Thanks

:eek: Holy Cow. That's a lot of pump for a recirc line to a standard residential water heater. That would be something I'd see on a commercial boiler.

when you get ready to replace it use a Grundfros. maintenance free and they last a long time.

Z1D2pzfo5oy.jpg

:eek: Holy Cow. That's a lot of pump for a recirc line to a standard residential water heater. That would be something I'd see on a commercial boiler.

when you get ready to replace it use a Grundfros. maintenance free and they last a long time.

I suspect the plumber who both designed and installed the system for the house just used what he had on hand ... The pump was clearly not new, but it does work great (when it was pulling the water through). Our house is large (14,000 sq. ft.). We have two water heater circulating system one for each side of the house. The other pump is a much smaller self-contained unit and it works just fine. And I have no issues with that system (yet).

The B&G pump I have to maintain with regular oilings and replacing the coupling. Way overkill is right, but it does work. Until it needs to be replaced, no need to replace it.

I am surprised that it is not strong enough to "pull" the water through the pipe whether air pocket or not.

Regarding the gaskets - the part numbers refer to the two that go on the pump housing and also the bearing. They are not the same. One is thicker than the other and I am not sure which one goes where. The part numbers do not refer to the flange gaskets.

Latest posts

Back