Replacing the shut-off valve.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgod

Reaction score
Hi,

One of our toilets has a leaking shut-off valve. It looks like a bit of a problem to replace it. The pipe that it's mounted onto is so short that the fixture of the valve is right up against the collar that covers the hole in the wall. And it also looks like it's either a soldered-on or a push-fit valve with no space behind it for removal.

So: time for a professional?

The original poster messaged me it seems he cannot reply to anyone even though he is logged in.

Since we have really been hit hard by spam, permissions need to be allowed after every new post until the member becomes established. Have him post a pic and us mods will authorize it...or, if you can get a pic from him, please post it and we will attach it to his post.

Something is now going on in here. I have asked the member via email to send me his pics, and I will post them until we figure out why he cannot post in here. I've checked his settings and it all appears fine....?

i couldnt post anything for days. I created a new log in, sum ting wong der

Hmm, both Mgod and Voleti had the same problem and were corrected by issuing supporter memberships. I hope the brass is paying attention to this thread!

Latest posts

Back