How do I seal a hole in plastic?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
I have a plastic (possibly PVC) pipe I can't replace that has a pinky-sized hole drilled into it.

Is there any way I can just seal it up? I've tried using silicone but it just sort of peeled off.

Appreciate the help!

It's an intake for a water container, so I can't use anything toxic.

Is there anything besides a slip coupling I can use? Just to plug up this little hole.

What I do to repair screw holes in ABS, not sure if it works on PVC, if that's what you got.

I take a scrap piece of pipe, and run my hacksaw down the side of it a bunch of times so I create pipe shavings. Once I have about half a palm of shavings, I'll add a little bit of ABS cement and mix it into basically ABS paste. Plug the hole, and once it hardens it's good as new.

What I do to repair screw holes in ABS, not sure if it works on PVC, if that's what you got.

I take a scrap piece of pipe, and run my hacksaw down the side of it a bunch of times so I create pipe shavings. Once I have about half a palm of shavings, I'll add a little bit of ABS cement and mix it into basically ABS paste. Plug the hole, and once it hardens it's good as new.

pressure ?

Latest posts

Back