Plumbing and Framing (non load-bearing)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a general question about the best practices in new construction. More specifically, I am trying to get my design refined and now I am drawing in the framing on the non load-bearing wall that will enclose the mechanical. Is it OK to move the studs around for optimal placement with regards to the DWV as long as I have studs aligned at 4' for clean drywall seams? I know the GC might prefer things to be clean and 16" OC but I will definitely have studs at least every 24". In a non load-bearing wall, is it OK to optimize things for you guys (the plumber)? I am attaching a drawing I just made and would like to hear what the general consensus is (if there is one). Also, I know that I still need to address supply to the fixtures but my thinking is that there is more flexibility there.

Thanks.

Framing1.jpg

make the wall 6" if you can.
Gives you room to cross walls with water and electrical.

It's okay to ask a new question about the same project in the original thread.
It kind of keeps them together.

I like your design renderings. What software program are you using?

Thanks for the helpful suggestions Mr David. I am using Sketchup to do all my renderings. It's taken me a bit of time to learn it, but I can communicate my ideas better. I can devote the time to it as I am looking for a new job :(

I definitely appreciate all the suggestions from you pros. It helps me.

I will try and keep things 16" OC or tighter. Larger spacing means less studs to attach bathroom fixtures and accessories. Also, I have read the drywall can be flex more and that is not good either.

Hi PBJoe,

I am still working on this project. It's just taking a bit longer...

jb9

Back