Advice on sewer video

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoon

Reaction score
House built1947, has a pipe collecting the kitchen and laundry that runs under slab of basement from back of house to sewer connector at front.

Our city has a program for regular root cleaning to prevent backups. The contractor who did it this fall said he noticed the pipe (cast iron, original) is badly corroded and is missing bottom in areas and should be replaced.

I finally got a hold of the video he took from the city and am wondering if anyone can comment on the integrity of the pipe from their experience. Estimates to replace the pipe are many thousands and it runs under finished basement. I was told also that the pipe is not in good enough shape for relining.

From what I can tell, the pipe definitely needs a clean out, but I don't really see where it's failing (worst build up is between 1-5 m of the 11 m run).

Thanks for any opinions on the video
https://youtu.be/zjiOU2n6mEk

Did the company that told you the pipe couldn't be lined offer it as a service that they could do if pipe was in better shape

I don't see anything I would be worried about. I would call in a company that would be able to jet the line(high pressure water)to clean up all that junk in the pipe. Once that is cleaned out you would be able to see a lot better if anything is wrong with the pipe.

Latest posts

Back