Sewer gas smell

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayme20

Reaction score
I have paid $900 to have the sewer gas smell fixed in my house to no avail... The last plumber here narrowed it down to my sup pump pit in my basement as being the cause of the smell, but couldn't figure out why, so his answer was to seal my sup pump with silicone, which did not stop the smell. They have smoke tested my house twice with no leaks. I NEED HELP PLEASE

They took a blower with smoke bombs and blew the smoke into the clean out, they wanted to blow it in the vent on our roof but the pitch of our roof is crazy steep.

I would start by making sure all fixtures have a p- trap and are holding water. Then I would replace all the toilet wax rings, then I would find away to cap off the vents as I do a smoke test

I would start by making sure all fixtures have a p- trap and are holding water. Then I would replace all the toilet wax rings, then I would find away to cap off the vents as I do a smoke test

All of this has been done the smell is definitely coming from our sup pump pit:(

Back