Ejector Pump Partially Covered by Furnace

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoareyou

Reaction score
Hi,
I need some advise on this issue. I have an ejector pump, working but I'm thinking of replacing (new home & old pump most likely ).

The cover is partially covered by the furnace. On the other side is a wall (max1 inch clearance to cover edge). The side closest to wall is where the pipe for the ejector enters through the cover. So basically the cover can't be removed.

I know. Very screwy situation.

One possible solution would be to cut the cover for removal of the pump. Fix pump. Patch together cover. But is this allowed? Ever done?

Create access panel in wall would possibly work, but even that I'm not sure if I'd get the cover out from under the furnace.

Any other suggestions?

Pictures? Is it a sewage ejector or just a ground water pump

Hopefully this picture makes it clearer.
What you can't see is that the furnace is slightly raised (but not by much), so it's not just sitting on top of the cover.

It's an ejector pump.

Thanks for taking a look!

Ejector.jpg

Last edited:
You're probably going to have to cut the lid.
Keep in mind the part you cut will need to be big enough to pull the pump out and you will need to reseal it to keep in the sewer gases.

come larger systems have a main cover with secondary smaller covers plates for the pump and floats.
advantage is you don't have to disturb the other pipe to pull the pump.

Jul08_0009.jpg

thanks. Seems like this should be standard design.
I was looking for a split cover but so far I'm not able to find what of correct dimension (21.5in)

The existing lid is actually fairly thin steel so it should be easy to cut.
Now to find a plumber willing to cut and patch things up.

Back