Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion > What did you do today?

Old 07-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #3081
havasu
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Liked 946 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 230

This place seems pretty good, based on how nice their web site is.

http://www.lifetimefencesupply.com/

Old 07-25-2016, 06:14 AM   #3082
Zanne

Liked 160 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 2956

Damn, did he even have permission to borrow that stuff? I bet not. What an ass! But he's family so you'd probably catch hell if you sued him.

Frodo, all of the people advocating violence toward cops because of the actions of a few bad eggs really makes me sad. Many of the cops around here suck, but I wouldn't wish harm on them, and there are some really nice ones.

The really sad thing is, a lot of the people don't even realize (or care) they are going against what Martin Luther King Jr stood for.

I hope you can find the vinyl fencing, Chris.

Today, (well, technically yesterday) I stepped on a shard of glass/ceramic from a plate that broke. I thought I got all of the pieces. Fortunately it was a very minor cut and doesn't even hurt. I put triple antibiotic cream on it once it stopped bleeding and then cleaned up the remaining shards.

Then I heard the toilet running so I took apart the flush valve assembly and cleaned it. The inside of the toilet tank is covered in some black crud and it is so dark in there that I didn't see a rubber gasket that fell, but when the fill valve kept filling, I realized something was wrong and took a look with a flashlight and saw the gasket, cleaned it, and put it back in. Now its working normally again.

Question though: Is it safe to put vinegar in the toilet tank to try to clean that crud off?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #3083
havasu
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Vinegar, unless diluted will dry out your rubber flapper and seals, so I would not recommend it.
Zanne Likes This 
Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #3084
frodo
Just call me Macgyver

Liked 1475 Times on 1267 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
Damn, did he even have permission to borrow that stuff? I bet not. What an ass! But he's family so you'd probably catch hell if you sued him.

Frodo, all of the people advocating violence toward cops because of the actions of a few bad eggs really makes me sad. Many of the cops around here suck, but I wouldn't wish harm on them, and there are some really nice ones.

The really sad thing is, a lot of the people don't even realize (or care) they are going against what Martin Luther King Jr stood for.

I hope you can find the vinyl fencing, Chris.

Today, (well, technically yesterday) I stepped on a shard of glass/ceramic from a plate that broke. I thought I got all of the pieces. Fortunately it was a very minor cut and doesn't even hurt. I put triple antibiotic cream on it once it stopped bleeding and then cleaned up the remaining shards.

Then I heard the toilet running so I took apart the flush valve assembly and cleaned it. The inside of the toilet tank is covered in some black crud and it is so dark in there that I didn't see a rubber gasket that fell, but when the fill valve kept filling, I realized something was wrong and took a look with a flashlight and saw the gasket, cleaned it, and put it back in. Now its working normally again.

Question though: Is it safe to put vinegar in the toilet tank to try to clean that crud off?

you are on a septic system, use comit and a scrub sponge.

then flush a the crap out of your septic tank.

and buy some bakers yeast at the store, open the packet and flush the yeast

the cleaning chemicals will stress out the little critter dudes

feeding them yeast will make them happy again

note...1 pack of yeast a month is a real good idea

or you can buy rid ex same thing

My advice is free, If I have helped you and you wish to help the site out with a gift
use this link
http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/...faq=supporting
Zanne Likes This 
Old 07-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #3085
Zanne

Liked 160 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 2956

I was thinking of using diluted vinegar, but not sure just how diluted. Maybe just a splash of vinegar along with some dish soap or something.

I'm worried that comet will damage the plastic and rubber stuff in the toilet tank. Maybe I can use toothpaste and a scrub brush. I am seriously thinking of getting some sort of filter for the toilet supply line to catch some of the crud that is going in, but I don't know what kind would work. The water for the tub and sinks comes out brownish and leaves a sort of reddish brown/orangey residue, but for some reason inside of the toilet is now black. I hope it isn't some kind of mold.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:29 AM   #3086
havasu
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Use a non-soaped type of Brillo pad (little coils of steel that are made out of stainless steel) and a bit of elbow grease. It is not mold, it is just algae from having non-chlorinated water.
Zanne Likes This 
Old 07-26-2016, 08:12 PM   #3087
Chris
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Liked 866 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 62

94 degrees inside my office and the air won't kick on and the owner is a slumlord. Guess I will be sweating for a while.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #3088
plumb_bob_square_pants

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts

I feel you chris. My little window unit is cranking as hard as it can. If it goes out I'm going home. Working on a take off for a kroger. I'm not going bake for it.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #3089
Chris
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Liked 866 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I've made a lot of money off Kroger.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #3090
plumb_bob_square_pants

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts

Lots of remodels right now