Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > kitchen sink conundrum...

Old 01-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #11
benjamin_wooten
Established Member

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt30 View Post
You're in head of the bay, well I'm just across the water in Glen Haven. Indian point road to be exact. Small world indeed! It's rare someone from my province posts here (I was the only member to my knowledge), pretty funny someone in such a small community joins!

I'm still working as a plumber, long way to go before retirement (I'm 30). I don't work for myself though, I work for a company in Fall River.

When you tackle your project, give us updates and we will help you out. John at Redmonds Hardware should be able to gear you up with all your fittings.
Yes! I bug John all the time. I work part time for Lee Valley Tools, also, and John is always popping in there in his Home Hardware truck. I go over to Glen Haven sometimes, right across from White Sails Bakery. There's a father/son who have been fabricating some steel cleats for our stairs... Tantallon Metal Works, great guys.

As for Oak Island, I get such a charge out of that story! I don't think anybody has found anything there... except a few unlucky divers died over the years, caught inside a tunnel with the water going the wrong way.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #12
Matt30

Liked 710 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-18 View Post
Matt not to get off subject but do those guys ever find anything valuable on Oak Island. That show drives me crazy now for 4 years and nothing.
I think the most valuable thing to come off oak island is the TV show

I have been hearing all about that place since I was a little kid. No big news I can ever recall.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #13
Mr_David
Easily Amused

Liked 795 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Oak Island!! I've seen that show a few times but not really sure what it's about.

Don't really understand how some pirates buried some treasure deep in an underwater cavern below a swamp. I guess you have to know the whole back story on that one.

a.k.a. Krazedav

Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #14
benjamin_wooten
Established Member

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quick followup question before I glue the island vent loop together... Matt, you mentioned we needed in-line cleanouts on both the drain and vent side of the bend (not sanitary t's).

Would 45 degree y's with cleanout caps work (photo attached)?

If so, I understand the bottom of the y should point down with the flow of the drain pipe, but what about the vent pipe? Is there a "flow" direction for that vent loop with which I should align the y?

:edit: It seems so odd that they would require a cleanout for an air pipe. if I had to snake the vent on the kitchen sink, I cringe to imagine how badly the septic system must have failed...
Photo on 1-30-17 at 12.57 PM.jpg  

Last edited by benjamin_wooten; 01-30-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #15
Matt30

Liked 710 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 193

In that application, you want sanitary tees with cleanouts on the branch, or a line clean out. This will allow you to snake up the vent and down the drain if need be. You want access to snaking the vent in case of a back up and gunk plugs up the vent pipe