Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > thermostatic valve isolation valves

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
drfeno

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default thermostatic valve isolation valves

I will be installing a 2 outlet thermostatic shower mixing valve in a new bathroom I'm putting in. I've read that by code, the valve must have isolation valves on the hot and cold supplies. My question is first, it this true, and if so, do the shut off valves need to be "dedicated" to the thermostatic valve. I have valves on the hot and cold supplies that can isolate the entire new bathroom. Do these count for the thermostatic valve, or do I need separate ones that can isolate the valve specifically?

Old 10-13-2017, 02:37 AM   #2
Mr_David
Easily Amused

Liked 837 Times on 678 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Which code are you using? Stop valves are required for multi unit mixing valves. This is so you can make repairs with out effecting other units.
If you are in a single family dwelling then I am pretty sure integral stops are not required

a.k.a. Krazedav