Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Toilets and Sinks > Odd Faucet Supply Line Sizes

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Simpleaim

Default Odd Faucet Supply Line Sizes

Hello All,

I've gone through a lot of posts and didn't see anything like this.

I just moved into a house built in 1990. It has a septic tank but public water that is pretty hard. I noticed our dishwasher not filling up enough water and not cleaning very well so we cleaned all the arms with CLR. It still wasn't getting enough water so I looked under the sink to inspect the water lines and saw that the previous owner had put 1/4" copper lines between the 1/2" line coming out the floor and the 3/8" lines to the faucet and dishwasher.

Is this normal or strange? I've never seen this before. Would that effect the the amount of water going into the dishwasher since it is a timed fill? I've ordered a new water inlet valve but the small water line struck me.

Thank you,

Ken