Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Water Heater for Radiant Floor

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
mcdeal
PLF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Water Heater for Radiant Floor

My tankless boiler must be replaced. Do not get me started on Rinnai tankless systems. Fix $4000 - Replace $7000 - New gas boiler even more....

It has been suggested that my radiant floor system will work just fine with a dedicated electric hot water heater (50 gal) and no boiler. ($2500 incl. some replumbing).

Much of the "internet info" says to wire the upper and lower elements (5500x2) together for a faster recovery. The Rheem and A.O. Smith literature allows for all of this.

Does anyone have any experience with, or recommendations on which water heater to purchase.??? My domestic water is on a separate hot water heater.

"every year a new problem"