Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion > Congrats to Chris!

Old 09-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #51
Austin
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Liked 99 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26USMC View Post
Pepper spray, also known as OC spray (from "oleoresin capsicum"), OC gas, and capsicum spray, is a lachrymatory agent (a chemical compound that irritates the eyes to cause tears, pain, and temporary blindness) used in policing, riot control, crowd control, and personal self-defense ,including defense against dogs and bears.[1][2] Its inflammatory effects cause the eyes to close, taking away vision. This temporary blindness allows officers to more easily restrain subjects and permits people using pepper spray for self-defense an opportunity to escape.
I sprayed some OC anti dog spray that mail carriers carry into the wind once.

I don't ever want to get hit directly with the real stuff.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #52
havasu
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Liked 536 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 87

I got sucked into a small riot once, when a young rookie thought he would be a hero and not wait for more backing officers. I had to run into the pack to have his back. When the gangsters started tugging at our holsters, I emptied my entire can of OC into the crowd, and it worked great. Unfortunately, I also hit the rookie square in the face, dropping him like a big turd. I pulled him to safety and after a quick flushing of water into his eyes by paramedics, he was fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #53
Zanne

Liked 92 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

I'm allergic to capsicum so I hate the stuff. If my brother cooks peppers in the house, even with my door closed it starts to make me sick. Hate that stuff.

My father on the other hand was pretty much immune to it. When his people were training to use pepper spray, one of them had to hit him with it and nobody wanted to spray "the boss" until one of the women said "Oh give me that!" and sprayed him. He said he got hit with worse in 'nam. It pretty much had no effect. One of his people, nicknamed "Boonie Pepper Bert", got sprayed, licked her face, and then said "Hit me again! That was delicious!"

Old 09-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #54
Austin
Administrator
PLF_ADMIN.png

Liked 99 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I got sucked into a small riot once, when a young rookie thought he would be a hero and not wait for more backing officers. I had to run into the pack to have his back. When the gangsters started tugging at our holsters, I emptied my entire can of OC into the crowd, and it worked great. Unfortunately, I also hit the rookie square in the face, dropping him like a big turd. I pulled him to safety and after a quick flushing of water into his eyes by paramedics, he was fine.
That sounds terrifying.

Quick Reply