Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Showers and Tubs > How to attach tub spout to this pipe?

Old 08-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
TheIncompetentPlumber

Default How to attach tub spout to this pipe?

Just moved in to this house and the shower diverter was sticking badly. Decided replacing the spout would be easier than troubleshooting the original spout. The original spout is a slip on, but it will no longer slip back on the pipe. No amount of turning or tightening will keep the spout on. When the diverter is pulled up to use the shower the pressure causes the spout to shoot off the pipe. I've tried attaching multiple different new spouts to the pipe but none of them will thread properly because the pipe doesn't have a threaded end. The thread seems to be about an inch back from the end. The pipe is 1/2 in diameter. Is there a solution to this predicament?

IMG_9387.jpg   IMG_9388.jpg  

Old 08-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
frodo
Just call me Macgyver

Liked 1795 Times on 1531 Posts
Likes Given: 373

looks to be bent and missing an o ring

remove and rep;ace the valve

My advice is free, If I have helped you and you wish to help the site out with a gift
use this link
http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/...faq=supporting