Rubber Grommet needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvinsmellvin

Reaction score
Hi. I want to add a new drain inlet to an existing sewage basin in my basement. This run will be added to to side of the basin under the basement floor. I plan to use either 1.5 or 2 inch pvc pipe, probably 2 inch. As I understand it, I need to cut a hole in the side and use some sort of a rubber grommet to make a gas and liquid tight seal, simply shoving the inlet pipe through said hole. Problem is my local big box store and hardware store have been unable to help me obtain such a grommet or whatever I need. Local plumbing wholesaler said go hire a plumber. Does anyone know where I can buy what I need on line so i can proceed with this DIY project. Again, the inlet will be on the sidewall of the basin. thanks

Hi. I want to add a new drain inlet to an existing sewage basin in my basement. This run will be added to to side of the basin under the basement floor. I plan to use either 1.5 or 2 inch pvc pipe, probably 2 inch. As I understand it, I need to cut a hole in the side and use some sort of a rubber grommet to make a gas and liquid tight seal, simply shoving the inlet pipe through said hole. Problem is my local big box store and hardware store have been unable to help me obtain such a grommet or whatever I need. Local plumbing wholesaler said go hire a plumber. Does anyone know where I can buy what I need on line so i can proceed with this DIY project. Again, the inlet will be on the sidewall of the basin. thanks

Maybe this is what your looking for.
Multi-Tite Gaskets - RainHarvest Systems Online Store for Rainwater Collection, Filtering and Sustainable Re-use.

thanks, Maybe so. I sent an email to them asking re appropriateness of use with sewage basin. Maybe they will respond tomorrow. Appreciate your suggestion. If anybody else knows of possible source please put your 2 cents in. thanks again.

Back