Black Water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeston

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post and i am seeking help for a water problem at my house. The water entering my system (from a well) is crystal clear. When it hits my pressure tank/sprinkler system is has a black tint to it and kind of smells of metal. PLEASE HELP! I will give any further information if needed.

sounds like you have a ruptured diapragm in a pressure tank.... replace the pressure tank.

well experts here will give you other ideas if mine is bunk... though I am pretty sure this is your problem.

Yup, could be the tank. What kind of tank is it? If it's a bladder tank, what brand? If it's a galvanized tank, do you know if it has a float inside? Do you have a chlorinator?

Bladder, The brand is a flotec. I know it is clear because it splits of into to separate systems. One for our main house and one for a rental. The rental's water is perfectly fine. We do not have a chlorinator but currently thinking of getting one. Could Anaerobic bacteria be the problem?

The tank is bad. All you had to do is say Flotec. They typically last about 1.5 years. When the bag tears, the water gets into an unpainted metal tank that will start rusting rapidly and will mess up your water.

It can also shorten the life of your pump when it gets waterlogged.

Latest posts

Back