Softener Size options?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnTRD

Reaction score
So I'm looking to buy a Fleck water softener my hardness was tested at 12 in one test and 9 in another. From what I've found we can use 32,000 grain. But with being a SXT Electronic Meter is it good or bad to get a 40,000 grain instead? It's just the wife and I, but maybe get lucky and have a kid or two in the future.

Also looks like the 7000STX is cheaper then the 5600STX in 32K or 40K from qualitywaterforless. So any reason to go with the 5600STX. And I've heard the 5000STX has some advantages over the 5600STX in better flow.

So it looks to me that even a 15,000 grain unit for two people at 12 gpg would regenerate every 9 days. My two test show I had 198 ppm (11.57 gpg) and 9 gpg. Even if we get a third member then that would put us into the sweet spot at 6 days.

But the problem I see is that the smallest I see available is 24,000 grain. And that would be about 14 days between regeneration. Would I just run the regeneration after a set number of days instead? Can you do that with a metered unit?

Whatever size you think will work best for you is the right choice. When you order, make sure to get a bypass for the head. And the other recommendation I have is to go with Clack instead of Fleck. I think it's a better head and it should be a little less money.

I won't even try to sell you one because those guys are giving filtration away. I wouldn't even try to beat their price.

You could buy one from me, but like I said I can't beat their pricing. Mine with a 9 X 48 tank would be $545.96

Latest posts

Back