flexible hose for connecting jet pumps...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tws

Reaction score
greetings and thank you for an outstanding forum.

i'm going to install a gould shallow well jet pump and wonder if there is a flexible hose material that i can use instead of rigid steel or plastic? i know gas and diesel motors use high pressure hoses of all types i hope there is something similar that i can use for my pump.

thanks for any advice.

tws

the to house. i have steel at the well head.

i was hoping i could use something like these Polypropylene Camlocks

http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/p...hose-couplings/polypropylene-camlock-fittings

to connect to the steel pipe protruding from the well culvert at ground level. i just don't know what type or quality of hose to attach to the camlocks. or if it is even possible.

the foot valve is a few inches off the well bottom at 10' and it is good (the standing pipe holds water)... the foot valve is attached to white pvc pipe threaded into steel elbow at the top which sticks out of well culvert at ground level with about 6' steel pipe to spare.

i have about 4' from there to the outside garage wall (ball valve discharge point) to lay in my new gould j5s jet pump. i'd like to circumvent all the leveling elbows and such and just go with a stout flexible hose and polypropylene camlocks to easily disassemble or reassemble as needed in the future.

Last edited:
Your link didn't work.

On the pressure side of the pump you can use anything you want, but on the suction side, air is the enemy and cam locks even though they hold water quite well, they might not be so good at stopping air from being drawn in. On a suction line to a pump, the fewer fittings you can get away with the better. Air will leak into a joint where 100 psi of water won't drip.

wow... didn't know that...

ok... i'll proceed accordingly...

i guess i'll stay with steel on the suction side... got pvc on the discharge side.

thanks! speed bump

tws

Latest posts

Back