PEX Crimpers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyTools

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site/forum but not to the plumbing industry. My father and uncle have owned and operated a small manufacturing company in Pipersville, Pennsylvania (since 1973) that has since become the family business. We primarily manufacturer hand tools for the electrical industry, but recently have started manufacturing PEX Crimping Tools for professional plumbers and other DIY types.

Proudly manufactured in the USA, our Compact PEX Tool with Interchangeable Dies (patent pending) makes pex crimps even when placed literally against the wall. Utilizing our four link mechanism, this tool is the ideal solution for your crimping needs. Unlike other products, the unique interchangeable dies of this crimper allow the operator to quickly and easily change pex size with no additional tooling. As always, our many PEX tools are designed with overhead applications in mind. This line of tooling makes short work of any crimp that requires two hands to position the tool on the fitting.

pex_compact_ch_lg.jpg

pex_multi_lg.jpg

pex_double_lg.jpg

My main point is this, check out our site at http://jennytools.com/ today!

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
i dont like the inter changeable dies, i would rather have 2-3 different tools than that trash, besides, when running pipe, you are most likely using only one size or the other, 1/2 or 3/4 so on, as your partner can be using the other tool, up above in the attic... so the small dies for me is a bad idea..

I don't like the changing heads. I'd rather spend more and get one tool for each size, because it will last more in the long run. If my Mil 3 crimpers ever where out I might give yours a shot, but don't hold your breath. My Mil 3 crimpers will probably outlast me.

those are the cinch type, they work on the rings with the wings. have a built in diagnostic to tell that the ring has been properly crimped... and are a total POS. due to the pain in the ass you will have if you have to crimp a ring in an awkward spot. though they are awesome for rings in normal conditions .

Overpriced? my crimp tools were $350 for a set and my Cinch tool ( a nice one ) was under $100 and do all sizes.

to each their own though .

I bought one from Home depot that basically crimps a small clip on the outside of the ring.

It'll accept a 3/4" or 1" ring. I'm sure I can us channel locks to do the same thing. Since I have the crimper I don't need the channel locks for now.

You can't crimp PEX with channel locks. The crimp ring needs to be compressed equally on all sides to make a joint. Even if the crimping tool is out of adjustment you won't get a good joint. They make a go no go gauge to check that they are adjusted correctly.

John

John, I believe you can . I believe the Crimp too is made by Shark Bite. It's not a complete 360 degrees ring. The ring is about 270 degrees, than has two extruding pieces that complete the ring. One going in each direction.

Basically, you put the Shark bite crimper on the outside of those two pieces and squeeze it together.

I'm sure if you didn't have the crimper you could use Channel Locks. I'm not saying you should use Channel Locks to save money. It would be best to buy the right tools to complete the job, even if you're going to use it once in a while.

John, I believe you can . I believe the Crimp too is made by Shark Bite. It's not a complete 360 degrees ring. The ring is about 270 degrees, than has two extruding pieces that complete the ring. One going in each direction.

Basically, you put the Shark bite crimper on the outside of those two pieces and squeeze it together.

I'm sure if you didn't have the crimper you could use Channel Locks. I'm not saying you should use Channel Locks to save money. It would be best to buy the right tools to complete the job, even if you're going to use it once in a while.

It sure looks like a 360 degree ring to me.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/sharkbite-multi-head-crimp-tool-kit-314046.html

John

I think what is being referred to is the pinch rings, which I would imagine if you HAD to you could pinch with channel locks ( why one would Is beyond me ). You could not possiblly get a proper connection using crimp rings with channel locks ( again why you would ??? the tool is only 60 buck now, when i bought my set they were 300 a pop )

Latest posts

Back