Trying to get water supply from a place where a sink used to be

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betweenmatt

Reaction score
Hey! I've recently moved into this mobile home, and in the home is a bathroom that has had all its utilities removed a while before we moved in. Now I am trying to tap into the water supply that used to be for the sink, and I'm pretty much clueless lol. I've attached a couple images to show you the tubing and the connectors on the ends of them. I know one is hot water and one is cold, I only need the cold. Is there a connector I can get at home depot that I can just screw on to get to the water?

Fyi: I'm turning the bathroom into a washout room for screen printing, so the water will be to source a pressure washer.

Thank you for your help!

20170110_192026.jpg

20170110_192011.jpg

What you have there is polybutylene tubing.
That was a big Shell Oil product failure.

Sharkbite and John Guest fitting can be used on it .
That is most likely 5/8" O.D.tubing. It is the same size as 1/2" copper pipe ( 5/8" OD tubing )

polybutelyne od is slightly bigger than copper tube size. They can be used but that stuff is not good.

Slightly? Cold water shrinkage?

What I have seen pulled out of some of the trailers in my area yes. I just call it as I see it.Doesn't negate the fact the crap is junk. Not even shark bite will warranty it's fittings for it's use. But they will for everything else.

I owned a trailer years ago that i rented out. We were contacted by someone about the lawsuit. They paid a company to run new pex in place of that. We had 2 fittings blow apart the 3 years i rented that thing out. I believe if you can find it Vanguard compression fittings work on that old plastic pipe

I don't disagree on the fact that polybutylene is crap.
I see a lot of opinions regarding Sharkbite fittings being crap as well.
To be honest I have never used one. I see them now and then where others have used them. I have never had to remove one because it failed.

I do use the John Guest fittings when I have to make a repair to a leaking PB system. I never guarantee that that repair. I always recommend re-piping the system.

Back