Best Buy Stores

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Are a Joke. I went there to pick up a Netbook for a gift and they had 6 of them for sale and also 6 laptops for sale. All of which were out of stock. Why would you not order extra of things that are going to be on sale especially around the holidays? I went to two different stores and left mad. All they wanted to do was upsell me. They said if I wanted something that was going to be onsale I need to show up that morning or they will be gone. What the hell?

I don't think i've bought anything there..... we've got one and i nosed around....

But the principle is sounds...

I had written out a 3 paragraph story of my run in with Best Buy, but fearing I would bore you to death, I deleted it. Let's just say after writing a letter to their cooperate office and also the Sony Coorporation, I have not set foot in there, and will never buy a Sony product as well.

I refuse to support Best Buy at ALL! They are about the most crooked, gouging, stupid store I have ever dealt with...

I stay out of those stores as much as possible.

It goes back to having people read stuff for me.

When I ask a question, I want the person selling something to know the answer, not read the box for me, I'm literate (barely) and I don't need to hear you pronounce the words real slow.

I stop asking questions.

I'm a bit of a computer geek (ok so a major one) and I absolutely hate Best Buy. They are the Home Depot of the computer world, full of overpriced merchandise hidden behind a few good sale items, staffed by unqualified and untrained teenagers who don't give a crap about the job and generally a pain in the arse. I absolutely refuse to set foot in one.

Here was my conversation with the sales guy.

ME: I would like this netbook you have here for 249

HIM: Sorry that one is sold out

ME: How about this one here for 279

HIM: Sorry that one is also sold out

ME: Well how about this one for 299

HIM: Sorry that on is sold out

ME: Well why don't you just tell me which ones you do have in stock that I can take home today? (They had about 8 different netbooks on display)

HIM: We have this one and that one (Both over 450)

ME: I don't want to spend over 300 on this because it will just be for when we travel and don't really need it.

HIM: Well we have these laptops for 299 and 349.

ME: OK I will take the laptop for 299

HIM: Sorry we don't have that on in stock

ME: Well what do you have in stock

HIM: We have these (All the expensive ones that I don't want)

HIM: Sir if you want to buy something that is on sale or cheap you need to be the first day of the sale and in the morning because we only have a couple and they get sold out until the next week.

ME: Why do you guys have sales on product you don't have in stock

HIM: I don't know

I'm a bit of a computer geek (ok so a major one) and I absolutely hate Best Buy. They are the Home Depot of the computer world, full of overpriced merchandise hidden behind a few good sale items, staffed by unqualified and untrained teenagers who don't give a crap about the job and generally a pain in the arse. I absolutely refuse to set foot in one.

I agree but sometimes they do have something nice on sale.

I have learned that I never need or want a sales person or their opinion anymore. I go to many stores when I am ready to buy something and I will find it on sale somewhere or at a fair price and I will buy it. I also do all my own research before I even go out to look. (Or as best I can)

My story a few years ago:

(5 days before Christmas)

ME: I want the best camera available, and don't care about price.

HIM: Here is the best, a Sony, can't go wrong. Top of the line.

(Christmas morning, open it up, find it is junk, horrible camera)

(Day after christmas, I return and speak to the same zit face punk)

ME: Hi, remember me?

HIM: No

ME: You told me this is the best camera on the market.

HIM: That is junk, who sold you that POS?

ME: You did, don't you remember when you were crying on my shoulder about your divorce?

HIM: Hmmm, no, I would never say that was a good camera.

ME: I want a refund!

HIM: Go wait in the customer service line (which is out the door)

ME: (after waiting in line an hour) Hi, I want either a refund or a trade up.

HER: I'm sorry sir, we have a policy, returns are good on electronics for only 5 days!

ME: This was opened yesterday, it's been wrapped under a Crisistmas tree for 5 days!

HER: I'm sorry sir, there is a 20% restocking fee.

ME: Where is your manager? Nevermind, just give me what money I have coming, I'm never going to set foot in here again!

HER: Yeah, I hear that alot!

Never ever buy a Sony Camera. Always Canon or Nikon for me.

Never ever listen to a zit faced kid on quality of anything.

I have learned that if you want quality or a good suggestion go to a specialty store and ask them but if you want cheap you have to do your own research and find the place.

Yeah, I actually replaced it with a Cannon....great camera, but didn't buy it from that place!

I read that to and can see it from both sides. I have been stopped for stealing when I didn't steal anything myself. A guy near me pocketed a CD and they thought I was with him because we left at the same time. He ran I didn't. I politely emptied my pockets and they still didn't believe me. they took me to a small room in the back of the store and then called the cops. I told them I was leaving and they could send the cops to my house if they wanted to talk but then they both stood in the doorway and said I am not going anywhere. Well the cop came and realized I had nothing else in my posession and let me leave. This was at Kmart. Now if a security guy came up and nicely asked me I would never be rude and do what I could to prove myself but if they are rude from the start I am going to be rude right back at them. In my experiences most security think they are cops and that bothers me.

Funny. It seems if he had provided the same info to the guy not making enough money to afford the ipad, he could have saved everyone a lot of time and trouble, including the police. They were warrantless as well.

The Fourth Amendment and search and seizure laws only apply to sworn law enforcement, not private parties. The only concern is if the store personnel were directed to search the subject at the request of the cops. That is a big no-no!

Back