Very weak flush with Kohler toilets.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qualls6

Reaction score
My house has two Kohler toilets. 1.6 GPF. They cannot seem to flush more than a couple wads of toilet paper. I have adjusted the float level & changed the flapper with no luck. One strange thing is that when you flush the water it goes down slowly then back fills a tiny bit and then goes down again. Almost like a double flush but very weak. Any suggestions on how to get a stronger flush?

Does the flush action change if you hold the flapper up until all the water leaves the tank?

I have considered that. But I thought that would be the very last option. Was hoping for a simple fix suggestion here.

You need to provide some history. Are these toilets new? Did they work before, but now they don't? What rebuild kit did you use? Can you post pics? Do you have any other stoppages? Are you on a septic or sewer line?

Been in house 5 years and it has been this way from start. Sewer system. Didn't replace all guts. Just changed generic flapper to Kohler brand. Not all 3 toilets do the double flush thing, but all are weak flushes. That is why the blockage idea may be correct. I just thought that after 5 years it would either be better or worse, but not same.

It also could be inadequate venting to the toilets. I'd recommend getting a professional plumber in there to rule out toilets, clogs and venting. It may be worth the price you pay for this specialized treatment. Whatever you do, please keep us informed, since it could help others in here with a similar problem.

Back