need advice on best brands and equipment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmany31

Reaction score
Hello,I need to buy a new sump pump,one with a battery backup,or 2 with a battery backup for my Mother's basement,plus a new dehumidifier for the basement and a steam cleaner to clean the basement carpeting. Any suggestions? My main concern is whether to buy 2 zoeller pumps and tie them together into existing discharge or just get 1 new pump with a battery backup and have an extra pump on hand.Someone is usually always there. The old pump worked fine for almost 8 years with no 2nd pump or battery backup installed.the pump,which was a hydromatic SW25/33 just stopped.I appreciate any advice you can give on this.Thanks alot!

Zoeller makes a pretty good pump - I would go with a pump and a battery backup pump, this will work fine with the standard 1 1/2 discharge, and if you have a power outage the battery backup will kick in. Read all installation instructions for proper installation. I have been on many calls (in the pass) where DIYERS did not install check valves in the proper place.

Is a water powered back up pump an option? I don't like the maintenance of battery powered pumps. I prefer the sj-10 from Liberty.

I dont have city water.I have a portable generator,I am thinking about buying a new one with greater output.Thanks alot for your comments!

the Z507-0008 system.Its suppose to be all "pre-installed", just hook up to discharge pipe. Question is if I need to install another check valve on to PVC that is attached to the tee just above backup pump,and drill the another vent hole jusr beneath it,into PVC.I would buy extra check valves and rubber couplings with clamps. I read on amazon where another purchaser removed backup check valve from backup pump and installed the same check valve offered on Amazon for M53 (primary pump on 507-0008 system) Thank you for your replies!

Thanks alot for your help! As they say,a picture is worth a thousand words! Thank you!

You're welcome -- Remember check valve directional flow arrow should be pointing away from pump

Latest posts

Back