Is it safe to flush nappies down the drain?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassandra

Reaction score
Some people think that they can simply flush nappies down the toilet seat after being used. But according to case studies, it is very difficult to get one round the U-bend to begin with. So, if anyone flushes their kid's nappy down the toilet seat, they might end up calling their plumber. What do you think folks? Did anyone of you face such call?

I'll be the first to admit that in my 59 years of life, I have never heard of the word "Nappie". I did search the internet and found that many across the Atlantic pond refer to a diaper as a nappie, and if this is what you are referring to, then if a diaper is flushed, you just might want to have the name and phone number of your nearest plumber taped to the wall above the "loo".

If its not toilet paper, it doesnt belong down the drain.

So, if anyone flushes their kid's nappy down the toilet seat, they might end up calling their plumber.

Id bet my pay cheque on it. Ive pulled more the one out of the bottom of a toilet.

Have to remember, when those things get wet, they swell up and become heavy. It can be a very expensive mistake.

Last edited:
i had a helper named Dan, He was a 2 year apprentice.
Thats about the time they start getting cocky. Or what i call "know enough to be dangerous". We went to an office bldging
with parking garage. toilets were stopped up. piping was over head cast iron. We traced the piping, I felt the pipe it was warm. so i told Dan we need to pop the clean out.
he set up a ladder. and crawled up it.
He set the ladder in front of the co, Instead of behind it.
I told him. You better move the ladder, Its fixen to get exciting around here.
he scoffed, I know what i 'm doing.
i said go ahead, and got behind the truck. he loosened the band, and was hit in the chest with 2 floors of backed up sewage!!!!
WHy didn't you tell me???
I did tell you, and you riding in the back of the truck!!!

i had a helper named Dan, He was a 2 year apprentice.
Thats about the time they start getting cocky. Or what i call "know enough to be dangerous". We went to an office bldging
with parking garage. toilets were stopped up. piping was over head cast iron. We traced the piping, I felt the pipe it was warm. so i told Dan we need to pop the clean out.
he set up a ladder. and crawled up it.
He set the ladder in front of the co, Instead of behind it.
I told him. You better move the ladder, Its fixen to get exciting around here.
he scoffed, I know what i 'm doing.
i said go ahead, and got behind the truck. he loosened the band, and was hit in the chest with 2 floors of backed up sewage!!!!
WHy didn't you tell me???
I did tell you, and you riding in the back of the truck!!!

Ohh this is such a dangerous and sounds weird "he was hit in the chest with 2 floors of backed up sewage!!!!":eek:

Latest posts

Back