Instant hot water heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
In my mountain house we are on tank water, no well and no city service. We have a pump system and an electric water heater. Then we have a septic holding tank, no leach field, much like a large scale RV.

Problem is I have to run a few gallons of precious water until it gets warm in the upstairs bathroom and by then I am done brushing my teeth and washing my face. I would like to add a small instant hot to just that sink if possible? Much like what is used in commercial warehouse bathrooms around here. Is this a possibility?

Why do they go out so often?

I don't use this house often but then again I know it will upset me to have to replace it every year.

I am not sure why, I just know that we had to replace a couple under warranty at the company I used to work for. One of our customers liked to use them under remote lavatories and sinks. Without a lot of use, I would say you should be OK. These tended to get used daily.

I did but everything is expensive in the mountains. I think it would be cheaper to run the instant hot water than a circ pump and my electric water heater?

agree,

if its strickly point of use, why not buy a instahot. like for coffee, turn the stat down, to your comfort level,
it will give you 1 gallon
each time, wire the plug to the light switch,

you will have hot water to wash hands, face,

the tub,leave hooked to your wh

just a thought

Last edited:
Thats the plan. Wish I weren't so busy or I would have finished this project already.

If you gave me the darn key, I'd be waiting in the kitchen with boiling water for you!

I'm up there three to four days a week. Hopefully it will be live able in the next couple weeks. I'm getting down to the end. Hopefully.

Back