Is my sewer done correctly?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john2012

Reaction score
I installed the sewer for my building.(after reading book) Does it look right? Any professional advice will be great. Thanks

NCM_0266.jpg

NCM_0267.jpg

NCM_0269.jpg

NCM_0270.jpg

NCM_0272.jpg

NCM_0274.jpg

Hard to say with out knowing what each vertical and lateral is for. Vents? Toilets? Bathtub? Shower? Floor drains?

Reactions: SHR
I am installing 5 toilets and 1 urinal which will be plumbed after walls are up. First pic is my main tie in. It is 4" cast iron. I tied in 4" pvc with a donut. To the right of the pic. is 3 stacks. one 4" and 2 two 3". They will tie together inside the wall for one 4" stack vent

Each toilet has a 3" 90 at 1/4' slope per ft. All 3" is tied into 4" pvc with 1/8 slope per ft. Pic 2 is one 3" vent and one 4" stack against the wall. They will tie together in the wall for another 4" . After walls are up, a urinal will be tied in to the 4" stack through the wall. In pic 2 is also two 3" 90 pvc for toilets which will be 12" to center of drain from finished wall. A toilet flange will be installed after concrete is poured.

res of pics. are of the same plumbing just different angles. Thanks again

I would need to see detailed drawings to know for sure, but from the pictures and your description, it seems that you have a lot of flat dry venting, which is not allowed under IPC code.

I see the problem!! Thanks for info.. Is dry venting allowed? This is pic.of what I am working on. Pic 2 from top to bottom has the urinal. So am i fine leaving toilet 5 since it will be wet vented by urinal and raising dry vent on toilet 4? The last picture is of toilet 1,2,3. I know i need to redo #1. Can #2 toilet stay as is and I just raise dry vent on #3 toilet? Thanks again

NCM_0279.jpg

None of it is acceptable. Your books evidently were written by YouTube "plumbers".

you left out floor drains, and not sure what your doing about pan drain on heater?
quick sketch, 4" trunk, 3" laterals, 2" vents..roll the vents, no flat venting
you can not wet vent a toilet with a urinal,has to have its own stack
need a test tee at tie in, and clean out at upper terminal.
trap prime off the lav's

scan0001.jpg

I will post new pics before gluing fittings. Its for my get together bldg. and I surely cant have any problems. Do I need floor drains? Question for phishfood. On the dry venting. Are you saying I need to extend all correctly installed dry vents (no flat) up the wall and tie in together 6" above the lrim fixture, then tie into stack for venting out?

you only need 2" vent for each toilet. Roll the branch of the wye up a min of 45 dg from horizontal. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, been awhile since I roughed in vent like this, but does the vent turning up from horizontal to vertical require a long or med sweep 90? Can't use a vent 90.
Found this in Google image search

images.jpg

vent.jpg

Last edited:
I got material from supply house. Salesman told me flange would fit on coupling, so I added a coupling for the toilet flange. I realized they make a bigger size flange that would fit around the 3" pipe. Is it ok to leave the coupling??

ok, this is # 1 toilet. Its tied into existing cast iron y. Will this pass?

NCM_0292.jpg

This is toilet #2. Vent is in 3". Can I leave as is?? Will this pass?

NCM_0295.jpg

Back