Rotating union for a hose-reel???

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scavenger

Reaction score
Hi All:

I'd like to build a hose-reel from scratch. I'm tired of the poor quality plastic parts on the store-bought variety. The only part I don't know how to source is the rotating union that connects the reel to the base. I'm looking for a brass or stainless union. What's that type of union called? Where could I get a 1/2" or 3/4" one at a reasonable price. I found some on an industrial supply site but they were $100's of dollars. I'm looking for something less that $50, the cheaper the better. Thanks in advance. :)

Richard

Hi and welcome.

Go to any good auto parts store. Look under the air tool section.
There you will find a swivel end. Most are 3/8, but at the better stores that sell the big air tools like 3/4" or 1" drive impacts, they will have the larger swivels.

Scavenger said:
Hi All:

I'd like to build a hose-reel from scratch. I'm tired of the poor quality plastic parts on the store-bought variety. The only part I don't know how to source is the rotating union that connects the reel to the base. I'm looking for a brass or stainless union. What's that type of union called? Where could I get a 1/2" or 3/4" one at a reasonable price. I found some on an industrial supply site but they were $100's of dollars. I'm looking for something less that $50, the cheaper the better. Thanks in advance. :)

Richard

I think you should use something with a bearing to allow it to.spin easily

Latest posts

Back