vent question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlangdon50

Reaction score
I am remodeling an old bathroom. I removed a tub, a sink, and a toilet. None of the fixtures seem to have a vent. They all drained to where the toilet flange sits and then the drain runs about two feet to the main stack. All the drains were galvanized until the toilet flange and the main, which are cast iron. My question is when I replace all the fixtures, do I need to install another vent for them.

yes, all fixtures need a vent. i Illinois if you alter the plumbing system you must bring it up to code.

Was the pan itself , vented?
Have a look on the outside wall within 7 metres. Sometimes a vent may come off a previous line allowing up to seven m of undvented line.

Typically bathrooms are Wet vented through the lav, if the lav went into the wall and joined with a T Wye then this is wet vented, if it was a 90 then It was poorly done.

wet vents are not allowed in Illinois unless it is a basement bath and only in a few towns. you may want to consult with a plumber in your area about your project.

Latest posts

Back