Low water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many ways to boost pressure. A simple 1/2hp jet pump with a flow switch will turn it on and off.

I have to ask what your water pressure is. This is only because I have come across customers who think that their pressure is low compared to a previous home or a friend/relatives home and it turns out that everybody's pressure was high. It could also be a matter of volume, not pressure, depending on what your situation is. Your house pressure should be 45-65 psi depending on house and piping design. Lower than 45 psi may give poor performance and over 75 psi could cause damage to a variety of things on your plumbing system.
If you are on city water, do you have a regulator? If so, it could be bad or just needs to be adjusted.

The problem here is that at times the town reduces the pressure so much that the water will not reach the house
because I am on a small hill. Most people use a water tank and pump so the water trickles into the tank from the street and the pump moves it up the hill. The problem is that sometimes I am afraid that the Water tank(Tinaco)
will run dry and burn up the pump.
Thanks

You can put a float in the tank that will turn the pump off when the water level is too low. It's not that costly and works well.

Latest posts

Back